Business Process Outsourcing
Today our economic environment presents a variety of opportunities for businesses to outsource many supply chain functions and responsibilities traditionally performed in-house. BPO is a method of outsourcing which involves the contracting of operations and responsibilities of specific business functions or processes to a specialised service provider. IMPERIAL Logistics is such a specialised service provider. By teaming up with us as outsource partner you can gain the following benefits:
- Access to our best-in-class supply chain capabilities, from our people, process approach, technologies and methodologies to demonstrated expertise.
- Ability to utilise your resources, most often in the form of people and IT resources, toward activities that are closer to your core business.
- A lower cost structure, which may be the result of greater economies of scale or other advantage based on specialisation, reduces operating costs and increases your competitive advantage.
- We make investments on behalf of many customers, so the shared investment spreads and thereby, reduces your risk.
- Outsourcing is often the most viable option for building and/or improving a needed capability, whether in the form of a lack of intellectual capabilities or more tangible assets such as sufficient systems or staffing.
Our BPO service offerings include demonstrated capabilities in the areas of supply chain planning, procurement, international logistics and the engineering supply chain.
Supply chain planning
- Demand planning
- Procurement planning
- Inventory planning and optimisation
- Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Transport planning (inbound and outbound)
- Spend analysis and optimisation
- Network planning and optimisation
- Procurement and appointment of freight service providers
- Tariff management
- Shipping / loading process management (documentation, Incoterms, utilisation, bookings)
- Land-side management (status, OTIF, lead-times, frequencies, routing)
- Insurance and claims management
- Customs rebate and permits management
- Invoice verification, refunds and credit management
- Logistics budgeting and customised reporting
Engineering supply chain
- Physical asset care
- Asset life-cycle management
- Maintenance management
- Maintenance materials management